We’re energized every day by the possibility of creating a better world through reuse. In fact, an entire division of our company is dedicated to recycling. We divert more than 18 million pounds of goods from landfills annually.
Environmentally Friendly Donations
- Selling the donated items we purchase from our nonprofit partners in our stores
- Partnering with recyclers who repurpose textiles as insulation and rags
Selling metals found in clothing and electronics for their raw value
- Working with waste management companies to responsibly dispose of non-recyclable items
- Helping local charitable organizations
- Each of our stores supports local nonprofit organizations. These are partners that improve education, fight diseases and help children and families. Donations accepted at our stores or through our nonprofit partners turn into funding that fuels their programs and services. So take those clothes you never wear, that china you never use, the garage packed with stuff you don’t need, and transform all your reusable goods into support for nonprofits like these.
- Helping Charities
- Helping the neighborhood
- The things you donate help the very neighborhood you live in. By reusing and recycling locally, you’re giving neighbors a chance to put great items to good use.
Most of the goods we purchase from our nonprofit partners are sold, repurposed or recycled locally, but some of the unsold items are sent overseas so that small business owners can supply their local marketplaces. Providing items to developing nations also creates jobs, helping people earn a living wage and reinvest earnings into their local economy. We also employ a dedicated team to visit these marketplaces, so we can ensure we’re providing items they can really use. The map below shows exactly where our unsold merchandise goes.